Tips n Hints
Before you embark on a new project….
- Check skill level of pattern
- Always buy enough yarn to avoid playing yarn chicken!
- Check that you have bought the correct ply yarn and size of hook or needles
- Read through the pattern before you start. It really does make a difference.
- If you are making a size that appears in brackets, highlight it throughout the whole pattern.
- Look up abbreviations for stitches with which you are unfamiliar.
- Use a stitch counter
- Keep a notebook and pen next to you. Count your rows down manually if this works best for you and any other things that are relevant to the project. This comes in handy when you have to make an identical piece of a garment, for instance front and back.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you get stuck. There are plenty of WIP’s (works in progress) out there that have ended up in a cupboard when crafters have become infuriated with their projects!